The water tower, built in 1907-1908 by architect Otto Walter Kukkuk, is a symbol of Svetlogorsk. The tower served to supply Raushen with water. In the adjacent building of the hydrotherapy, sea and carbon dioxide baths were taken, various mud wraps and treatments were carried out. In the upper part of the water tower, under a helmet-shaped roof with a spire, there was an observation deck, now closed to tourists
In 1978, a sundial was installed on the water tower, designed by Svetlogorsk artist and sculptor Nikolai Frolov.
Has the status an object of cultural heritage of regional significance.
Address: Svetlogorsk, Oktyabrskaya str., 11
Svetlogorsk is the only slow city in Russia. Cittaslow (ital. "Slow City") is an international movement founded in Italy in 1999.
The principles of the community are the quality of life by slowing down rhythms, enjoying the uniqueness of each city, resisting monotony and averaging. The cities of the Association support local cuisine, the creation of new green and pedestrian zones, "clean" technologies, the production of handmade goods, create an atmosphere of good neighborliness and hospitality.
The symbol of the Cittaslow movement is a monument to a snail on a large boulder installed at the house on Oktyabrskaya Street, 10.
The work of sculptor Andrey Shevtsov designed by Olga Averina
Landmark - entrance to the Larch Park.
The Frog Princess sculpture was created by the artist Oleg Melekhov.A princess with a small crown on her head is captured at the moment of her transformation: she had not yet completely shed her frog form and stretched out her lips in anticipation of a kiss.For Svetlogorsk, sculpture has become an image of rebirth, a new stage in the life of the city.
There is a belief that if you exchange kisses with the princess, first put your finger to your lips, and then to her lips, the most cherished wish will come true.
Address: Svetlogorsk, Lenin St., 32. The sculpture is located in the square opposite the railway station "Svetlogorsk-2"
The Zodiac sundial with a diameter of 10.1 meters, the work of the author's team under the direction of sculptor Nikolai Pavlovich Frolov, was installed in Svetlogorsk on the promenade in 1974, for the originality of the composition and the accuracy of the time display, they are listed in the Guinness Book of Records.
In the center of the circle with the zodiac signs depicted is an arrow (gnomon) located at an angle of 55 degrees and oriented to the North Star. The gnomon was manufactured at the Yantar shipyard. It took nine tons of smalt to build a sundial in the mosaic technique.The instructions for using the sundial are a stone ball decorated with mosaics. A table of correction values is applied to it, which helps to compare the time with the local one, and to verify the accuracy of the clock
The landmark is the central descent to the sea. They are an object of cultural heritage.
On the promenade, as if emerging from the depths of the sea, there is a statue of Undine – the Baltic analogue of the mermaid.
The sculpture of Undine on the Old Promenade of Svetlogorsk is one of the most favorite tourist attractions. It is installed at the expense of the Grand Palace Hotel
Landmark - entrance of the "Grand Palace" hotel, promenade.
The unique organ hall of the Makarov company, which for a relatively short history of existence has become the hallmark of the city and today is considered one of the best in Russia. It is located in a small cozy park near the Central beach andпроменада. In the building where the organ hall is located, the German chapel of the Virgin Mary was previously located. Its architecture is interesting, made in a colorful half-timbered style, which is distinguished by inclined beams reminiscent of the Middle Ages.
Address: Svetlogorsk, Kurortnaya str., 3
Official websitehttps://www.organhall.ru /
The building was built in the Neo-Gothic style with elements of Art Nouveau. The interior of the church was designed under the supervision of architect Hugo Goering, who lives in Rauschen. He also created and donated the famous carved altar to the parish.
A small, beautiful-sounding organ was presented to the church by the owner of the glass and porcelain manufactory Brandstaedter.
The lighting of the church took place on July 7, 1907.
During the Second World War, the church building was almost not damaged. In the post-war years, when Raushen became Svetlogorsk, the church building was used as a sports hall of a secondary school.
Since 1991, the former church of Raushen has been the Orthodox church of St. Seraphim of Sarov. The official transfer of the church to the Russian Orthodox Church was completed in 1992. The consecration of the church in the name of St. Seraphim of Sarov was led by Metropolitan Kirill of Smolensk and Kaliningrad.
It is an object of cultural heritage of regional significance.
Address: Svetlogorsk, Mayakovsky str., 14
Official websitehttp://hram-serafim.ru /